How much wallpaper do you need?
How to measure wall
- Measure Correctly
- Measure the width and height of each wall.
- Multiply the height and width together to get the total square footage.
- Add the square footage of each wall to get your total area.
- Subtract the square footage of openings like doors and windows.
- Account for Pattern Repeats
- Wallpaper with a pattern requires an extra step to estimate the number of pattern repeats for the wall height of your room. The higher the number, the more wallpaper you will need, while the smaller the number, the less wallpaper you will need.
- Find out how often the pattern repeats and then divide the height of the wall by the inches between the patterns. If you end up with a fraction, then round up.
- For example, if you have a 96-inch-high wall and a pattern repeat of 18 inches, then you will divide 96 by 18. That will yield 5.33 repeats, which you will then round up to 6.